[3830] CQ160 SSB N4RV Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jnreichert@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N4RV Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:08:24 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N4RV
Operator(s): N4RV
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 781  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 38  Total Score = 209,996

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Entered assisted category but ran into a problem with N1MM Mult/Q's box not
showing new stations. Not sure what happened, but was able to get it working an
hour before I went QRT.. Never had this problem before..
Was hoping for condx like last weekend to EU but the first night, the band was
VERY noisy with QRN, power line noise, ice on antenna, etc. Almost
quit, but after a break or two, to watch TV, I gave it one more try. Condx to
the WEST were quite suppressed.
Had to go out with friends on Sat. evening so missed a good portion of the
opening. When I did get on, I found condx much improved over Friday night. Band
was much quieter and EU signals were improved. Never seemed to be a very good
opening to the West coast. Heard KH7X, but he was to weak when I went QRT at
about 3 AM.