[3830] CQ160 SSB WH7DX Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB WH7DX Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:05:00 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WH7DX
Operator(s): WH7DX
Station: WH7DX

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 30  State/Prov = 14  Countries = 3  Total Score = 4,692

Club:

Comments:

My first 160 contest and it was interesting - fun.  I spent a lot of time on
this, considering.  I could hear really well with my dipole - that was
incredible.  Hardly needed the beverage. I could hear contacts 4000 miles away
struggling with each other and I could hear them both no problem. It was tough
getting out though because of the hill blocking my N. America path for
starters. My RX was great - hardly any noise.  I wish my TX was better.  I'm
use to working people I hear and many times it's LP going SW to the East Coast
and Midwest.  This was completely different.  I was expecting to work those I
heard I didn't expect to hear them that well on Dipole.

I couldn't say "Whiskey" after the first night.  Had some good East Coast
contacts like WI, MI, FL, IL, PEI.  Heard RW0CF no problem.  Where were my
strengths like JA, ZL, VK, RW, UA?   Weird.  I'm not use to staying up that
late :-)  Enjoyed seeing greyline work across.

Thanks to those who took a little more time to work me in Hawaii.  I had fun.