[3830] ARRLDX CW GJ2A(MJ0ASP) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mathieu.roche@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW GJ2A(MJ0ASP) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:06:55 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: GJ2A
Operator(s): MJ0ASP
Station: GJ2A

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: JERSEY
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:    0     0
   80:  129    30
   40:   57    24
   20:  408    45
   15:  397    49
   10:  314    40
-------------------
Total: 1305   188  Total Score = 736,020

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

This operation was from our club station located on the west coast of the island
of Jersey, with a clear sea path to North America.

I had planned for my winter holidays to cover the contest week-end so I would
have lots of time to rest and set up all the gear. On Thursday morning, I had a
look around the station and checked that nothing had fallen down... The beam
wouldn't go up higher than 35ft because of a winch problem and the 80m and top
band dipoles were out of order. Not a very good start ! 80m was eventually
fixed but I decided to give 160m a miss.

Saturday was spend mostly S&P, working all the loud ones. Only took a 3 hour
nap
the first day. 80m performed better than expected but the 40m dipole started
playing up because of high winds and was showing very high SWR at times. It was
a big disappointment to only log 24 states on this band. At this coastal
location, our aerials get a battering every winter and it is a struggle to keep
things in the air.

On Sunday, I had a ball. Took great advantage of the 10m opening, and I was
able to run most of the time. 15 and 20m were very also in good shape and
produced the highest QSO numbers.

Thank you for all the Q's. I enjoyed giving out the GJ multiplier.
See you again next year, no doubt.

73, Mathieu GJ2A (MJ0ASP,op)

Yaesu FT-990 dialed down at 4 to 5 watts.
Force 12 C3 at 35ft (10, 15, 20m) - Dipoles at 55ft (40, 80m)