[3830] CQ160 SSB WD5COV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB WD5COV Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 22:17:07 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WD5COV
Operator(s): WD5COV
Station: WD5COV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

Total:  QSOs = 753  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 23  Total Score = 150,903

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Well I started the contest at 0030Z. Not much on the band before that. Even
then, after 45 minutes I decided to wait a bit longer for things to "open".
I started again at 0300Z, after watching the season finale of Gold Rush. The
first hour I logged 67 stations, however the band was strange. It was very
difficult to work into 1 Land. The entire contest I only made 25 Q's into 1
land. I was lucky to work one station in ME and VT to complete WAS.

The first night I worked EI7M, CT3DL, and CR2X across the pond. I operated
only
7 1/2 hours the first night.

After a slow start and not much chair time, I decided to take Saturday a bit
more serious. I operated for 12 straight hours until it was daylight. My best
time was between 0500Z - and 0600Z with 70 Q's and 0600Z to 0700Z with 66 Q's.

Usually from my QTH, the NE direction yields the majority of Q's. This year
the
NW and SW directions were dominate.

I worked a third of my Q's from 5 states.
CA 106 Q's
TX 42 Q's
AZ, NM, and OH 32 Q's  (AZ thanks outlaws)

My best Q of the contest was when VK6YS called in.

Thanks for some good participation from Central and South America. XE 13 Q's
Thanks also to our north brothers. VE 41 Q's

Equipment used: Yaesu FT-1000MP Ant: TX Full size 4SQ Array RX 5 800ft Bevs.

CU next year!

73
Dave WD5COV