[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2QO SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2qo@mac.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K2QO SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:27:26 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2QO
Operator(s): K2QO
Station: K2QO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 7.25

  160:
   80:
   40:   23    14
   20:   30    16
   15:   87    40
   10:   43    15
-------------------
Total:  183    85  Total Score = 46,665

Club: Western NY DX Association

Comments:

I finally decided that I should learn how to really use my IC-746. This is my
primary VHF rover radio and I've never taken the time to really learn the
controls, find out which mics work best or or even what the Twin PBT does. And
what better way to learn that with wide open bands and a big DX contest
weekend!

Put in a bit over 7 hours and had a good time despite my dislike for phone
(excetp for VHF of course.) So much yelling for so little results. The only
upside is that my XYL knew I was actually alive down in the man-cave-shack :-)

The N-S openings were crazy good on 20/15/10 from my black hole.

IC-746
LDG AT-100ProII
F12C4E at 55'
220' dipole up 45'
40M loop
and a lonely ZN-9A key on the desk......

73,
Mark K2QO