[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE5KS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE5KS SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 23:38:05 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE5KS
Operator(s): VE5KS
Station: VE5KS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SK
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:    8     8
   40:    4     4
   20:   64    40
   15:   66    48
   10:   64    26
-------------------
Total:  206   126  Total Score = 77,868

Club:

Comments:

This was a very strange contest. Throughout the contest I had to work very hard
for every QSO. For some reason everyone had difficulty in hearing me. Stations
that were 20dB over S9 could not hear me or did after about 20 minutes of
calling. I got pretty frustrated that first night.
Saturday was a little bit better. 10 meters opened up and I was able to make a
few contacts relatively easily, but then condx changed and it was back into
that poor conditions again. I guess that I should say that conditions were good
and bad, I could hear the world but I couldn't work it.....
Sunday was a better day but still a difficult go.
Throughout most of the weekend the signals on 20 and 15 were coming in from the
wrong beam headings up to 180 degrees off. I went outside to make sure that my
beam was pointing the right way, and it was ok.
I will chalk this one up to strange propagation and I hope for some of the
other contests that it does not happen again, but you never know....
For all of those stations that could hear me, I thank you very much and I wish
I could have given more SK mults out there to those that I could hear but not
work.

Best 73's
John

Rig: TS 140S