[3830] ARRLDX SSB OH0X(OH6KZP) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@tut.fi
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OH0X(OH6KZP) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 00:30:53 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH0X
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH0X

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Brändö
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1057    61
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1057    61  Total Score = 193,431

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was a semi-serious operation, since I had to quit at 1630z on Sunday to
head back to the mainland. Nevertheless, it was fun with a few hours of 100+
rates. If lucky, I might have been able to tap into the productive night-time
polar path during the second night, but due to my upcoming schedule I didn't
push it and went to bed at 22z when the band appeared to be dying out.

I was actually going to do a 15m single band effort, but antenna issues coupled
with strong geomagnetic disturbances made me move down one step. I also made a
few QSOs with my personal call mostly on the low bands to provide the
multiplier, since I suspected I'd be the only OH0 around.

Thanks to the Brändö Island Group for letting me use their fine station.
Moreover, thanks to Pertti OH2PM, his XYL Kirsti, and Jaakko OH1TX for keeping
me well fed on my way to Ã?land and back!

CU in the Russian DX Contest in two weeks. On CW, free of that pesky splatter.