[3830] ARRLDX SSB NX6T(@W6HCD) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ki73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NX6T(@W6HCD) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 21:05:38 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI, N6CY, N6ERD, NN6X, N6EEG, K6KAL, AF6WF, K6GO, NA6MB
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:    1     1
   80:   39    25
   40:  497    65
   20:  219    79
   15:  423    90
   10:  159    41
-------------------
Total: 1338   301  Total Score = 1,204,602

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Lost first 90 minutes of contest to a late setup and start. With A Index at 28
and K at 4 at the start, we knew we were in for a rough ride. Friday night on
40 proved to be very tough but definitely did better Saturday night. It seemed
that most of the signals strengths were down throughout entire contest yet
stations that were very weak, heard us fine and I know our antennas and rig
were working normally ! XU7CAQ in Pnom Penh, Cambodia called us after many
attempts and verified we were loud in XU-Land
but copying him was a struggle. I felt like there was some sort of Ionospheric
disturbance absorbing most of the signals we struggled to copy worldwide !
We ended up 160 QSOs down and 24 Mults less from 2012. It was a tough slog and
dry windy WX did not help the constant QRN. The K3 Noise Reduction DSP was on
overtime ! As usual 15 and 40 were the money bands. K3, ACOM 2000A, 2 3 El
SteppIR Yagis @ 40 and 70 ft, 2 XM-240 40 mtr Yagis at 46 and 76 ft, 80 and 160
mtr INV V Dipoles at 70 ft, WinTest Contest Logging Program