[3830] ARRLDX SSB DK6XZ(E77XZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB DK6XZ(E77XZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:39:44 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: DK6XZ
Operator(s): E77XZ
Station: DM0B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rastatt, SG Stern
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   12     9
   80:  190    35
   40:  611    49
   20:  799    56
   15: 1152    59
   10:  528    41
-------------------
Total: 3292   249  Total Score = 2,453,148

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

A trip to Montenegro would have been a great chance to operate SOAB from a
superior location and station of 4O3A. But, it was not to be, due important
business situation. Ranko, thank you for your generous offer!

More than happy with the performance of our station DM0B, Daimler
Sportgemeinschaft Stern Rastatt, south-west Germany - at the border to France!
Many thanks to all of you US and Canada stations for making this event fun,
using very good operating skills. A special thanks to Win DK9IP and guys of our
club station providing "last minute" preparations on SO2R and wire antenna
work.

First two hours not all settings worked properly, but the "support team" has
done a great job in the background! Moderate rates on low bands and extreme
noise on the Top Band first night.

Saturday afternoon showed up with solide runs on 15m, rating for 7 hours
between 120 and 140 Q/h. Picked up only a dosen of mulitpliers on 10m with the
second radio then. The shortes band was closed here! A index was 27 at a
certain moment. The iono-disturbance was more than noticable. Local noise was
at some times tremendous, so I listened at high bands on the Beverage for quite
a while...

The night to Sunday was slow, surprisingly for 40m where I hoped more to be
possible - 5 hours averaging around 50 Q/h only! No appearance of (new) NA
stations on the noisy 160.

The highlight came on Sunday, with three hours of around 170 Q/h on 10m and two
solid hours on 20m in the evening, each around 120 Q/h. The best was, of coars,
watching several times 10-min-rates jumping up from 300 to 400 Q/h. Last hour
on 80m and the twighlight in NA fruited in a few new multipliers.

Great tool and fun to watch the live scoreboards at www.cqcontest.ru. Cordial
thanks for to the R4W team and to R5GA for a superb info-board at
www.pileup.ru! A close competition with our friens from Italy, II2E and IR2C -
I improved myself a bit on the second day ;). A nice trip of 9A1P/E7DX in M/M,
mixing up with 9A1A, and two tremendous scores, as great eforts, from EU by
CR2X and LX7I. Gratulor! Many thanks also to the eastern SOAB competitors for
struggling through their propagation conditions. Congratulations to the
top-scorer of NA and many many thanks to those willing to QSY to the other
bands for my new multi!

A memoreable efort for me, and, as far I now, a new German record.

See you from DR1A in CQ WPX SSB!

73 from the City of Brussels (ON), the wonderful EU capital

Suad, DK6XZ/E77XZ

Setup:
2 x K3 with PA's
Microham - Micro2R
2 x W3NQN-art filters
Win-Test 4.6.0

Antennas:
- Optibeam OB16-3 @18m
- KLM KT34 @37m
- Optibeam OB40-4 @33m
- Inverted L for 80/160
- 90m Rev. Beverage 300/120 deg

DK6XZ - Statistics:
Nach Band - Alle Betriebsarten
QSOs (ohne Dupes) - Nach Zeit

| Hr |      160 |       80 |       40 |       20 |       15 |       10 |
Total  |
|    |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 00 |          |          |      128 |          |          |          |
128 |
| 01 |          |        1 |       86 |          |          |          |
87 |
| 02 |          |        1 |       30 |          |          |          |
31 |
| 03 |          |       83 |          |          |          |          |
83 |
| 04 |          |       15 |       54 |          |          |          |
69 |
| 05 |        9 |          |        7 |          |          |          |
16 |
| 06 |        3 |        2 |        3 |          |          |          |
8 |
| 07 |          |          |        7 |          |          |          |
7 |
| 08 |          |          |        1 |          |          |          |
1 |
| 09 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 10 |          |          |          |        7 |          |          |
7 |
| 11 |          |          |          |       85 |          |          |
85 |
| 12 |          |          |          |       46 |       31 |          |
77 |
| 13 |          |          |          |          |      125 |          |
125 |
| 14 |          |          |          |          |      117 |        3 |
120 |
| 15 |          |          |          |          |      126 |        9 |
135 |
| 16 |          |          |          |          |      134 |        2 |
136 |
| 17 |          |          |          |          |      128 |        1 |
129 |
| 18 |          |          |          |          |       88 |          |
88 |
| 19 |          |          |          |          |      124 |          |
124 |
| 20 |          |          |          |       84 |       33 |          |
117 |
| 21 |          |          |          |       31 |          |          |
31 |
| 22 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 23 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 00 |          |          |       51 |          |          |          |
51 |
| 01 |          |          |       48 |          |          |          |
48 |
| 02 |          |        5 |       42 |          |          |          |
47 |
| 03 |          |        1 |       41 |          |          |          |
42 |
| 04 |          |       10 |       32 |          |          |          |
42 |
| 05 |          |       38 |          |          |          |          |
38 |
| 06 |          |          |       19 |          |          |          |
19 |
| 07 |          |          |        3 |          |          |          |
3 |
| 08 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 09 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 10 |          |          |          |          |          |          |

| 11 |          |          |          |       46 |          |          |
46 |
| 12 |          |          |          |       80 |        2 |          |
82 |
| 13 |          |          |          |      100 |          |          |
100 |
| 14 |          |          |          |          |          |      169 |
169 |
| 15 |          |          |          |          |          |      171 |
171 |
| 16 |          |          |          |          |          |      168 |
168 |
| 17 |          |          |          |          |       70 |        5 |
75 |
| 18 |          |          |          |          |      140 |          |
140 |
| 19 |          |          |          |       78 |       34 |          |
112 |
| 20 |          |          |          |      116 |          |          |
116 |
| 21 |          |          |          |      123 |          |          |
123 |
| 22 |          |          |       59 |        3 |          |          |
62 |
34 |
|    |       12 |      190 |      611 |      799 |     1152 |      528 |
3292 |