[3830] ARRLDX SSB OH8X(OH6UM) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh6um@sral.fi
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OH8X(OH6UM) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 02:55:21 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH6UM
Station: OH8X

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Arcala
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2210    60
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 2210    60  Total Score = 397,440

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

First two minutes of the contest were ok.  After that the propagation went down
very rapidly. The first 10 hours produced only 26 Q's. No late night / early
morning propagation as I had hoped for. At 12:00z the band finally opened up
for me with 6-7 good/decent hours. After that it was ups and downs, ups and
downs, until the band closed at night. On Sunday the band opened up only after
13:00z.  Ups and downs again with lower rates than on Saturday except for the
last two hours, which went quite nicely and I started feeling good. But then,
suddenly, the contest ended.

Nevertheless, yet another enjoyable contest weekend! The WX was as beautiful as
it can get around these latitudes at this time of the year. A bit cold nights
though (-20C), but mild, really sunny and bright days with clear blue sky and
lots of really white snow everywhere. :)

73 es cu agn in the pileups!

Pasi OH6UM