[3830] NA Sprint RTTY K7ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY K7ZO HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 20:51:14 -0800
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: K7ZO
Operator(s): K7ZO
Station: K7ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Idaho
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

   80:  21        1
   40:  34        1
   20:  43      1.5
---------------------
Total:  98     Mults = 35  Total Score = 3,430

Club:

Team:

Comments:

The only permanent antenna I have here at the house is a 40M dipole. I have
operated the RTTY sprint in the past using this but being single band is a bit
boring. Yesterday I decided to fill in the bands and made up a 20M dipole and
hauled it up in the air on a push up mast I had laying around. Then I
remembered I also hav an 80M dipole laying around from a past field day. I
stretched it out and in mid contest did a swap with the 20M dipole on the push
up mast. The center was all of 20' in the air and then ends about 4' up, but at
least this got me on all bands.

Ran Writelog on an old Win ME machine running stock Rttyrite and into a
FT1000MP with only a 500 Hz narrow filter. The latter meant I lost a few QSOs
in mid exchange when someone moved in nearby.

Did not expect much other than to get on the air and have some fun. Set a pre
contest goal of 100 QSOs and just fell short.

K7ZO