[3830] NA Sprint SSB K0UK LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ukbrown@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K0UK LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 06:16:38 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - March

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: COLORADO
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   46     1.2
   40:   67     1.2
   20:   73     1.2
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Rockies SSB

Comments:

March is the month of transistion from winter to summer but when a storm cloud
is right above you its miserable.
 I must apologize to VE9AA who called and I could not come back to him due to
heavy static buildup. Made a decision to shut things down. Sorry.
 Had fun, was fumbling with several qso at the start due to static buildup.
Sometimes higher isnt better up on this mesa.
 Worked a number of NS'ers and GMCC members and stations in Colo. Plus first
time getting both ND and SD. Also missed Arkansas. Heard one on but he wasnt a
contester and I think when so many guys came back to him. It was freak city and
off to do something else.
 Thanks to W0ETT for stepping up. Glad he reminded me of the contest. If not I
would have been doing something else.
 God Bless to all and thanks to all who heard the 100wts especially on 80mtrs.
 Oh quick overview.
 20 was good but east coast faded rather quickly. Due to storm overhead had to
go with 2nd radio and low antennas. Lots of CQs and no answers S&P
 40 was good but east coast again seemed weak. Storm moved east but lots of CQs
and no answers. Lots of S&P
 80mtrs was quiet for once but same lots of CQs and S&P
 ON to the next one..
 PTL God Bless
 bill K0UK