[3830] BARTG AD5XD SO Expert LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG AD5XD SO Expert LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:49:17 -0700
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: AD5XD
Operator(s): AD5XD
Station: AD5XD

Class: SO Expert LP
QTH: Richardson, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:   35       5         11
   40:  198      19         19
   20:  335      29         18
   15:  161      35         15
   10:    9       6          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  738      94         63  Continents = 6  Total Score = 695,196

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Rig : Elecraft K3 @ 100w SO2V N1MM and MMTTY (with 2Tone via logger32)
       Antennas : Inverted V's, one for each band 40 - 10m
                  35m end feed long wire on 80m

I had planed to take advantage of the 15m AM openings to Europe both days and
hoped for good conditions to Europe in the PM but as it turned out the sun
had other things in mind.  I factored in the time and quit early on Saturday
night after only one hour on 80m.  I had scheduled 12 hours for Sunday with
hopes of making 1000 QSO's.  But when Sunday morning came the bands were dead
as indicated by a A index of 46 and K index of 6.  So the rest of the contest
was a struggle to maintain 15 - 20 Q's per hour.