[3830] WPX SSB W4LT SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4LT@ij.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W4LT SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:05:06 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Tampa FL
Operating Time (hrs): 9:46

------------
  160:    0
   80:    5
   40:  130
   20:  327
   15:  177
   10:   64
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig : Elecraft K-Line @ 500w peak

         Antennas : A3s @ 40ft / Two Half waves in Phase for 40m at 38ft

          Soapbox :

Easter Weekend got in the way of contesting.  Only could put in 10 hours into
this contest.
Two fun runs, especially the one on 40, I think I finally have an antenna
solution for this band.
I worked on my SSB technique (keeping them short!) during this test. Im getting
better every day.
Condx fair and got better as the contest wore on.

Negatives: Audio quality of some stations makes figuring out what they say
difficult.  Too much
processing makes the meters dance, but you cant understand what they say.

Thrills: Being called by T2TT on a run on 15 meters. Working VK's long path.
Getting up at 2am
Sunday morning and finding 20 meters wide open into central EU!  Having a
descent signal on 40
meters at last from my own station. Working my friends at NQ4I on all bands!
Worked them
backscatter on 20 and 15.

Difficult to get serious about this test when it falls on Easter Weekend, as
there is too many
family issues to deal with... Also, the WX in FL was so wonderful, it was tough
to come inside
and sit down at the op table...

Thanks for all the points.

-lu-w4lt-