[3830] WPX SSB W4GV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4gv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W4GV SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:14:35 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W4GV
Operator(s): W4GV
Station: W4GV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:   53
   40:  110
   20:  283
   15:  312
   10:  115
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Rig - FTDX-9000D, Alpha 9500, MFJ 434 Voice Keyer, Heil Pro Set Elite, Mosley
Pro67B @ 60 ft and 80M dipole.  Used Writelog Ver 11.09B

First ever participation in this contest.  I've learned how to get and hold a
run freq.  Sure does help the score.  Voice keyer helped my voice survive.
Several good runs on 20 and 15 with short term rates approaching 150 and long
term rates (over an hour) between 60 and 80 per hr.  Got 2 good nights sleep
and went to church this morning - I was a lay assistant and helped serve
communion.  Went out Friday night and had a few drinks with my friends so I got
started later than planned. All in all it's been a great weekend and hope I
helped the ACG club score. Woke up Saturday morning and Charlie, NF4A, was 700
Q's ahead of me.  He wasn't at his station much during hunting season weekends
so he was serious on this one.
And, of course, thanks to the community for all the Q's.