[3830] WPX SSB K6GHA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6gha@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K6GHA SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:28:06 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Santa Cruz
Operating Time (hrs): 33

------------
  160:    0
   80:   10
   40:  106
   20:  172
   15:  257
   10:   63
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

There once was a great move called â??the endless summerâ?? where some guys went
looking around the world for the perfect wave. Each time they arrived to 'that
perfect beach' and admired the surf, they were told â??oh yeah it is good, but
YOU REeeeeALLY MISSED ITâ??, referring to the past hours, days or weeks where
the big perfect waves had existed.
 This contest (WPX) felt like that to me. I kept chasing conditions, and felt
as if I was just behind on being in the right place at the right time.
Struggling to break existing pile-ups.
 With a few hours to go, I finally found I was on one of the memorable waves on
10m (it seemed to me like it was like a forgotten oasis, and I was able to make
Qâ??s for about 30 minutes on the first call â?&quot; remember I run LP) and
had a blast piling up Qâ??s and points. Yeah... have to say it... it was
Tubular.
 The memorable moments this event included capturing Qatar, Saudi Arabia,
Kazakhstan, and Bosnia-Herzegovina in the east, and Samoa, Guam, Singapore, and
China in the west (A challenge at best for a LP effort).
 However, the best moment was when Dean first remembered me, and then
congratulated me for breaking the pile-up at PJ4D. Of course, he handled the
pileup and picked me out, not the other way around!
 I had a fun weekend. Maybe next year it is time to support one of the
multi-ops events. Kawabunga dude.