[3830] WPX SSB T6MO(K9GY) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB T6MO(K9GY) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 20:29:28 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: T6MO
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: T6MO

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: MM21cu
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   39
   15:   83
   10:  191
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Decided to enter SOAB(A)-LP and set a new T6 record (there was none) versus try
to beat last year's SO-10m entry. That was a good decision...

Nothing like the contest starting out with the K=5 (day one 03z)...ugh! Then
people confusing &quot;Tango Six&quot; for &quot;Echo Six&quot;. Several times
on 15m I called CQ with no response or being spotted on packet. Had a dilemma
of whether it was bad band choices or bad propagation or both, hah! At least
with CW there is the reverse beacon network but not on SSB. Combine high K with
SSB and wire antennas...it's a struggle even from here. My favorite is when
Europe CQ's in my face...NOT! Had a couple of stations leave my CQ frequency
before confirming their number was received correctly.

The Idiom Press &quot;LogiTALKER&quot; and Heil boom mike saved the day for
this CW op. In 2012 I used a hand mike! Discovered an issue with trying to tune
the off center fed dipole on 10m SSB which I don't remember was a problem
before.

Great to work fellow SMC members: NV9L, K9CT, and N9RV. Heard but couldn't work
KK9A. Worked 52 DXCC...Also great to work SA: HK1NA and CW7T.

This was my last SSB contest from here. The Yuri Gagarin will be my last CW
contest from here. Rodeo is coming to an end.

CQ CONTEST! DAYTON!

Best of health to all,
Eric T6MO / K9GY