[3830] WPX SSB KW7XX SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kw7xx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KW7XX SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 01:54:25 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KW7XX
Operator(s): KW7XX
Station: KW7XX

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 35:45

------------
  160:    0
   80:   64
   40:  388
   20:  416
   15:  692
   10:    0
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Well, no secret that the bands were terrible to start with. 15m was graveyard
dead thru the first 36 hours of the contest depriving us here in the PNW our
normal huge JA run to start the contest. JA/Asia early morning 40M opening
didn't materialize either Saturday. Things didn't begin to straighten out here
until late Saturday evening. 20M opened up strong for a few hrs to Russia and
the Middle East. A nice opening also appeared on 40M to EU about 0300z and
stayed open (off and on) until 0630z. Right at daybreak on Sunday 20m got real
good to EU for a few hrs followed by 15M for 3 or 4 hrs.  Things stayed pretty
good thru the rest of the contest but I was already so far behind last years it
was tough to stay motivated. The last 2.5 hrs were exciting as the afternoon
propagation to JA on 15m was hot. Although the QSB was fast and deep it was
refreshing to actually run for a few hrs!!

All in all though it was still a lot of fun. I feel I left some Q's and mults
on the table by not pointing across the states enough and running low point
Q's. Nobody to blame for that but myself. All the equipment ran well. I'm
excited to be replacing my 52ft crank-up tower with a 72ft crank-up and adding
an 80M rotatable dipole at the 80ft level later this summer. As far as
contesting goes I'll still be a peanut whistle station but hopefully the 20ft+
extra heighth will help some.

Thanks to all that worked meand thanks for the Sunday casual ops who show up
and hand out Q's It's great to work so many terrific operators from all parts
of the globe!!

2012 Q's = 2218
2013 Q's = 1560 (-30%)

2012 Pts = 5227