[3830] WPX SSB IZ3NVR SO(A)SB10 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, menon.ste@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB IZ3NVR SO(A)SB10 QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 02:30:35 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SO(A)SB10 QRP
QTH: JN65ep
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  83
------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

That was tough, really tough.
Having WPX during the Easter weekend precluded an AB entry and much of the time
devoted to contesting.
When I got up early on saturday morning to start scanning the band I had a look
at the propagation indexes.....SFI, A and K were just crap and that was
confirmed from what I was hearing on the bands. I considered many times to go
LP or to try all bands not to get too bored but finally rejected these ideas.

Log says Time On was around 15h but I guess its way more as the time lag
between one QSO and another was quite long.

Saturday morning was simply boring, could not hear almost anyone and those I
was able to get out of the noise could not hear me. During the afternoon things
improved thanks to the presence of many South American stations reviving the
band with very good signals.

Sunday things were quite improved. During the morning there was a good path to
Oceania with outstanding signals from VK/YB (VK6DXI and VK6NC were like beacons
audible the whole day). Heard lots of YB even if I could only work a few. Then
again in the afternoon I turned the beam down to SA to work more people and
higher my score.

Europe was simply silent. Could not hear a single 9A, G, DL or similar during
the whole time I have been on the air. Same for Africa where the only stations
worked where the Canary Islands' stations. Aimed many times to North and South
without anything heard. Not even a single US station on both days.

Heard but not worked KP2TM and NH2DX with nice signals but too busy to let my
few watts reach their attention.

All in all it was not that bad, with some good stations a log (P29FR for
example :)). Thanks to all that pulled my signal out of the noise and hope to
work you again next contests.

Rig: FT-450 (5W)
Ant: 4el monoband @ 17m height

Stefano