[3830] MoQP W0GXA/M Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rideon2266@aol.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP W0GXA/M Rover LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 08:04:32 -0700
                    Missouri QSO Party

Call: W0GXA/M
Operator(s): W0GXA
Station: W0GXA

Class: Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  191
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  191     0  Mults = 112  Total Score = 42,784

Club:

Comments:

This was my first time in the MO QP.  I had only limited time so I chose to run
across the northern tier of counties.  Made it to Worth before I had to head
for home (3.5 hour drive).

In QPs I'm not in them to win, rather, I focus on helping out DX stations with
their county hunting needs; especially OM2VL and PA3ARM.  I was able to
activate 11 counties for Laci (including 4 in Iowa/Illinois before the
contest).  It's especially satisfying to help someone when it's their last
county in a state :-)

Propagation was excellent.  I was worried the SP DX contest would interfere but
I managed to find a quiet'ish spot.  I'm a solo operator (no driver) so I
operated from county lines to keep my Q rate up to 2-3 per min which is
generally very good for this type of contest.  Generally, I would work a county
pair dry in about 30 minutes.  Schuyler/Putnam though must have been pretty rare
because I had half my Qs from that site.

I worked one band only (20m) but next year I'll bring my 40m and 15m Hamsticks.

It was a very nice day to be out for a drive.  Great weather and friendly
people I met along the way.  Thank you for everyone that worked me.  I
appreciate everyone's patience as I worked the pileups.

73, Bob W0GXA