[3830] JIDX CW VE7JH(@VE7UF) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW VE7JH(@VE7UF) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:41:09 -0700
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Vancouver Island
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:   12     9
   80:   69    24
   40:  249    40
   20:  181    43
   15:  339    41
   10:   10     9
-------------------
Total:  860   166  Total Score = 161,850

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was once again using VE7UF's contest station for this event. The station is
growing, look out for our M/M effort in the upcoming WPX-CW!

The bands behaved pretty much as expected this weekend with the exception of
10m that just did not want to open up between VE7 and JA. I could only catch a
few short windows to eek out my 10 contacts.
I made at least one QSO in all 30 hours of the contest, so can't blame the
propagation gods.
Activity was great from JA, sometimes there were long pauses between answers to
my CQ but there was always a contact lurking around the corner.

My goal was to have 200 mults, came close and probably would've made it with a
good 10m opening and a little more effort on 80 and 160. Near the end I was
just not motivated enough to push the low bands when 40 and 20 were giving a
nice steady stream of easy-copy contacts.

Good JA activity from all parts of the country, only missed two prefectures, 29
(Fukui) and 41 (Saga). Did not hear anyone from the Islands (48, 49, 50)
either.

Thanks to &quot;Five-Nine&quot; Magazine for sponsoring the contest and thanks
to all our Japanese friends who came out to play this weekend.

73,
Gabor, VE7JH