[3830] Gagarin DX VE6TL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Gagarin DX VE6TL SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 18:02:46 -0700
                    Yuri Gagarin International DX Contest

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:
   80:
   40:   6      4
   20:  27     11
   15:
   10:
  Sat:
-------------------
Total:  33     15  Total Score = 2,025

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

Haven't been contesting in probably 6 months but when I heard Russians calling
CQ GC, I felt the need to reply.  Unfortunately, the aurora showed up and
killed all signals on all bands so I went to bed around midnight local time.
There is an amazing coincidence between international DX contests and auroral
conditions in this part of the world - like 100% correlation.  This correlation
also extends to cloud cover in Calgary during Aurorae, so we almost never see
the light show in the sky.  Last night we received over 20 cm of fresh snow, so
there was no chance at seeing anything in the sky except snow flakes.
Nevertheless, I was glad to give away a few points and multipliers to those in
need.

Jerry VE6TL