[3830] GaQP K8MFO Single OpCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP K8MFO Single OpCW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:40:25 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: Single OpCW HP
QTH: OHIO
Operating Time (hrs): 14+

  160:
   80:      3
   40:    220
   20:     98
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    321       0  CW-Dig Mults = 144  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 92,448

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

After a long week of farming, it was nice to spend a little bit of time
listening to 11 first class mobiles and a number of fixed stations heating up
the airwaves from Georgia.     I knew that my time was somewhat limited, with
visitors and a birthday party on the agenda, but somehow you get sucked into
the event by chasing mobiles around the map.   Make no mistake about it ... the
appeal of a State QSO Party is directly related to the number of mobiles.   The
GANG OF ELEVEN did themselves proud.    Each was super competent at handling
the pileups they generated when they hit a new county.

At many times of the day Ohio is too close for 20 and above, and too far for 40
meters.   I only put a few minutes in on 80, as I was primarily interested in
chasing mobiles.     I know some had limited time, and some must have had
NASCAR drivers behind the wheel as they traversed the state.   The ambitious
Sunday route on W4MY was more than amazing.     Here are the QSO stats with
QSOs/counties

W0BH - 54/47
W3DYA - 48/31
W4MY - 31/30
N4T - 28/25
N4N - 24/24
K5YAA - 22/17
W4AN - 18/17
KN4Y - 18/16
NM2L - 12/12
K4ZGB - 9/8
N4FD - 7/7

Rig was a K-3 to Ameritron amp at 800 watts.     Dipole at 48 feet on 20, and 2
elements (close spaced) on 40.

Thanks for a great time.

73

Don K8MFO