[3830] MiQP N0IJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbaumgarte@aol.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP N0IJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:45:34 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N0IJ
Operator(s): N0IJ
Station: N0IJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 5.25

   80:   17     24
   40:   58     61
   20:    4      0
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   79     85  CW Mults = 45  Ph Mults = 48  Total Score = 22,599

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I really hoped to do close to full time on this one, as it's one of my favorite
Q parties--mostly due to K8MR and chasing my friends NE9U and K8CC around!
Life got in the way and only put in 5-1/4 hours, but still had a really good
time.  I did it all via remote to my station in WI from my home in MN, and the
big problem was not having the computer reading the rig, and me forgetting to
manually change mode or bands! The K3/K3 remote boxes require 38K baud rate and
I still use NA for logging with its slower max baud rate.  I did have computer
keying, however--but no DVK.

This contests needs a few more serious mobiles in the lower peninsula!  K8MR is
a magician and truly a joy to work. Kudos to the other mobiles, as well. The
guys in the UP don't seem to get the propagation, at least not to us.

Worked K8MR 26 times, NE9U 8, K8CC 6, W8CAR and K8IR 4 and WI9WI 3. Lots of
nice fixed activity on 75, but the ugly guys showed up which was a downer!
My far NW location in WI allowed 4 nearly ESP Q's with fixed stations on 20.
All in, found 59 of the counties in my 5-1/4 hours on.

As always, thanks to the MRCC folks for sponsoring.

John, N0IJ