[3830] CQMM DX C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQMM DX C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 05:00:46 -0700
                    CQ Manchester Mineira DX Contest

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LARNACA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:
   40:
   20:   43      11
   15:  480      43
   10:  127      71
----------------------
Total:  650     125  Countries = 56  Total Score = 254,700

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Several enjoyable operating spells over the weekend.
Band cndx not great, short sporadic openings to different eu areas on both 10
&amp; 15 both days. Almost nil NA on 10 both days.

20 mtrs was noisey with atmospheric disturbance so i spent little time there,
there were many times too when 10mtrs suffered solar noise and yet, at the same
time, 15 was quiet - figure that out.

15 was the money band. At all times propagation to SA was great, just wish
there were more stns active from there. NA was pretty much only east coast
first day but few in numbers, not so strong but N4BP and N2MM were there all
the time which makes me think most guys were busy in the Stateside qso parties.
Sunday there was a good couple of hours opening to all NA areas, again weak but
copiable and it was great to make it with qrp ops from mid west and west coast
- well done fellers.

It's great to have a contest with a different twist and the addition of bonus
points for QRP and YL plus organising group members makes it more tricky to get
all of the exchange in the qsb cndx which prevailed throughout the event,
especially so when you get impatient  tailenders! I logged YL ops from all
continents, even YB! Congrats to N2MM for her  great submitted score.

First time doing this and I enjoyed it, shame so many contests on at the same
time which must be to the detriment of all, but I will hope to give it a
serious bash next time around.

I didn't set up the logger scoring for the bonus /M, /Q, /Y so the final score
will look a bit different but I will let the contest logging robot sort that
out from my cabrillo.

TS570 + Acom 1010. 3Ele Yagi up 15mtrs. Logging with 'SD'

73  Brian 5B4AIZ.