[3830] MiQP K8MM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8MM Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:17:55 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8MM
Operator(s): K8MM
Station: K8MM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GENE
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

   80:   63     5
   40:   32     1
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   95     6  CW Mults = 39  Ph Mults = 5  Total Score = 8,624

Club: Thumb Area Contesters

Comments:

Back home in GENE.......

I went off the air in TUSC county at 01:30z and packed up and headed home to
GENE county. After a quick snack and chat with the XYL I went down into the
shack and put the first station in the log at 02:40z. Since I hadn't heard any
GENE mults on CW earlier in the day I decided to make a concentrated effort to
give the mult out on CW and try to make at least 100 q's in the short amount of
time I had left.

I did my usual quick S&amp;P sweep of the CW band and then found a place to
call CQ. At 02:45 I hit the dx cluster as fresh meat and had a nice 30 minute
run before the rate slowed and it was time to go to 40 CW. On 40 I worked a
couple of stations and then was called by Uli and we worked and qsy'ed to SSB
and worked again then I went right back to cw and was spotted on the dx
cluster. I had another nice run that lasted for 15 minutes of mostly out of
state stations because of the 'long' band conditions.

A quick move to 80M SSB only netted a few Q's so back down to CW I went. By
this time it 02:45z and I was still 15 Q's short of my 100 QSO goal. I pushed
hard and kept swapping between 40 and 80 CW and SSB and at 03:57:30 I was still
4 Q's short of my goal. I decided to go back to 40M CW and CQ hoping for some
more guys to put in the log. As luck would have it, my first CQ was answered by
a K0 and then followed by a mini run of four more out of state stations and I
had reached 101 Q's. I still had 30 seconds left to spare but nobody else
called in.

I drove 102 miles and I had a total of three hours of set-up, tear-down and
transit time during the contest, which isn't too bad for two counties with
field day style antennas and a home station.

Thanks for all the qso's and thanks to all the in state, out of state and DX
stations that make this contest a lot of fun to operate.

73,

Ian - K8MAD/SANI, K8MAD/TUSC, and K8MM