[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC RY-Sprint K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 19:09:11 -0700
                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - Apr 26

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:   3      2
   40:   5      5
   20:  12     10
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  20     17  Total Score = 340

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Missed last week due to DX Convention in Visalia - was lots
of fun.

This week I drove down early and scrambled to setup
a new Flex radio 3000 to operate on RTTY. Had the usual
problems with cables, keyboards, software... but managed to
get on the air. Made one contact before NS, then waited.

As soon as NS started I saw the audio now had a big delay -
I couldn't tune right, or call with proper timing. I
restarted everything (seven minutes!) and that seemed to
fix it.  Then it worked pretty well, although I forgot to
call Dupes. I had so many windows on the screen I think I
got out of sync sometimes - sorry. I had to stop and walk
around back to change antennas, so band changes were a
little slow.

Nice to hear some new calls - Welcome!

I don't know if I'll use this Flex again, but it was interesting
to get running on RTTY.

K6UFO MORK CA

W6YX Stanford University:
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft