[3830] 7QP K1TN SOCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K1TN SOCW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 04:17:25 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SOCW HP
QTH: Wisconsin
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    0
   80:   11
   40:   52
   20:  104
   15:   47
   10:    0
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  214     0       0  Mults = 78  Total Score = 50,076

Club:

Comments:

Thanks as slways to the mobile guys: N7XU and K5YAA come to mind; I'm sure there
were others. Some county line operations too I guess.

Counties worked by state:

AZ 12; ID 14; MT 4; NV 1; OR 19; UT 7; WA 15; WY 6.

My 20-year-old NA software doesn't support the 7QP so I tried running in LOGGER
mode. It worked OK but was hard to keep track of what mobile was in what county.
If I duped anybody, sorry. When the NEQP began I opened a second NA for it.
Having to ALT-TAB between the two was driving me nuts and NA had trouble seeing
the radio/frequency. I realized this pretty quickly but may have mis-logged a
couple of band-Qs.

Worked first 80 Meter Q at 0230Z and probably could have worked a lot more
later but I just ran out of steam. The big storm front had moved east and 80
was very quiet (I was just outside the snow line last week; there was a foot of
snow about 75 miles northwest of me).

I like one-day QSO parties. It's Sunday morning now and I can't work up much,
if any, enthusiasm for getting back on in the NEQP today. As for the Indiana
QP, I didn't even think about trying to open a third NA window. Not to mention
the ARI CW activity (or whatever it was) that was going on.

TS590S, 400 watt amp, two doublets at 30 feet.

Some of these regional and state QSO parties remind me of how few people live
in a lot of U.S. states (who would bother with a North Dakota or Nebraska QP?
for example.) I made exactly one Nevada QSO. It's no wonder the U.S. Senate is
dysfunctional.

JC K1TN