[3830] 7QP K5YAA(@K5YAA/M) MobileCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K5YAA(@K5YAA/M) MobileCW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 14:50:28 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA/M

Class: MobileCW HP
QTH: 12 Eastern Wyoming C
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    0     0       0
   80:    0     0       0
   40:   81     0       0
   20:  384     0       0
   15:  160     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  615     0       0  Mults = 116  Total Score = 214,020

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

You'd think driving so many miles from home you would be prepared on the rules.
I thought the contest started at 6AM Mountain Time but it was 7AM.  That
explains why I got no callers from ALBANY county.  I woke at 5AM and drove 30
minutes to start in Albany.  CQ'd until the laptop got tired with no takers.
Worked two 8s on 20 meters that didn't know what time it started either!
Around 7AM the activity picked up when I was in LARAMIE county.

The second thing I was ill prepared for was multi county operations.  I thought
there were no county line ops in this one but there was.  I didn't log several
multi county operations because N3FJP made me enter multiple QSOs - such a
pain.  I did log K7LIX properly for the three QSOs I had with his 3 county
operation.

Wyoming is desolate with very few people there.  Houses were sparcely located
in the eastern side of the state.  I kept my eye on the gas meter in the van
and filled up before it got to a quarter tank.  There were towns without gas
stations if you can believe it. I met and had dinner with Alan Brubaker KO7X.
One of the Wyoming stalwarts in SS and other contests.  We had a fine dinner at
the Little Bear restaurant.  This after trying Alan's favorite place the
Steamboats Grill.  No parking spots so on to Outback.  45 minute wait at
Outback so on to Little Bear.  Alan doesn't like Friday night eat out lines!

I worked all 12 counties I set out to do.  Had time in each to work different
bands.  15 was quite productive - never looked at ten - probably shuld have
from way out west.  The JAs were quite strong on 15 which was a surprise after
the GA and FL parties.  LY5A has quite a signal everywhere I end up.  N6MU
provided me a check station.  If I was working John then the bands were
working.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  It was good to have a radio way out west.  I saw one
house with a ham antenna near it.  Maybe was K7RV who was in Sheridan county.
A local made it in the log!

Next is Alabama - only a twelve hour test though so maybe not worth the long
drive - we shall see.  Next before that is a trip to Hughes County Oklahoma for
LY5A who needs that one to finish off Oklahomas 77 counties!