[3830] WPX CW VK3TDX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk3tdx@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VK3TDX M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 20:37:29 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VK3TDX
Operator(s): VK3TDX VK2PN
Station: VK3TDX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Rural Melbourne
Operating Time (hrs): 46

------------
  160:    0
   80:   13
   40:  237
   20:  930
   15:  675
   10:  356
------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Thank you to Patrick VK2PN for joining me in this station's first multi-op
contest.  We enjoyed the fellowship and the benefits of operator relief and
multi-band operation during good propagation periods.  Our performance was a
bit below expectations but still satisfactory and great practice for future
contesting.

The conditions were not ideal but through most of the weekend at least one band
was open to DX.  Ten meters was disappointing from VK3 but we still enjoyed a
few hours of openings to EU.  A new rhombic installed here for 15/10 did well
but some engineering improvements became obvious over the weekend.  I expect
this station to have excellent scores in future tests on those two bands
focusing on EU.

Patrick brought his K3 but Mr. Murphy visited us early in the weekend and
something in that rig went sour and we could not get the rig back in operation.
 Patrick brought along his KX3 QRP backup rig which continued in service for the
weekend and was able to drive his Expert 1K-FA to 600 watts+.  My IC-7700 and
old Heathkit SB-221 served us well as the second station.

Thank you to all who took the time to wait through our brief pileups and thanks
to those who had to endure receiving our serial numbers at difficult times -
especially EU stations trying to copy us on 40 meters.

We will be back!
Hope the weekend was good for all.

73,
Steve VK3TDX, Patrick VK2PN