[3830] WPX CW K3EL SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, annedave@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K3EL SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 07:13:03 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K3EL
Operator(s): K3EL
Station: K3EL

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Princeton, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    3
   80:   84
   40:  480
   20:  938
   15:  445
   10:   42
------------

Club:

Comments:

What a difference a year makes! WPX 2012 went pretty much to plan, with long
runs to EU filling the log on 40/20/15. Plan A was to do the same again in
2013, but with the solar flares earlier in the week it became apparent that a
Plan B might be needed. Turned out Plan B was to spend most of the contest
running up and down the bands chasing Q's wherever they could be found. The
only decent runs I had were on 40 Friday night, and then the last couple of
hours on Sunday on 15, then 20, then 40. Seemed to be a lot of dupes this year;
perhaps with the weak and fluttery signals there were many mis-copied callsigns.
Log-checking could be painful.

One big difference for me this year was that my &quot;support team&quot; (XYL)
was in town, so every couple of hours a cup of tea or a bowl of chilli would
miraculously appear beside me. Not having to run to the kitchen to make a brew
or heat up a meal gave me an extra hour or so of actual operating time.

K3/Acom 2000a
Steppir @ 42' - 3 ele 10-20 m, dipole 40 m; 80 m delta loop; 160 m inv-L
N1MM logger