[3830] WPX CW ZL3IO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ZL3IO SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 03:47:29 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ZL3IO
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZL3IO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Waimarama Heights
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:    5
   40:  747
   20:  629
   15:  608
   10:  315
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

The conditions were down from 2012. strong QSB on the highbands, mainly 10m and
higher than normal noise levels in general. I had a much better station set up
but due to the bad conditions (especially on day 2) I could not meet my own
target of 3k Q's and 8 mio points.
10m never really opened. 15m offered sporadic loud LP signals from Europe but
never a run.

Anyhow the result should have sufficient margin to allow a new ZL record for
this category.

A few nice callers showed up on my QRG. Stations like FG8NY, T77BL,
JW/DK8FD,VP8NO, YN2GY, P29NO or YJ0PO to name only a few.
Congrats to Bill, YJ0PO (K2PO) for setting a new OC record in the LP category.
I wonder what he would have done without Murphy...

Thank you all for the nice contacts and cu in the next contest.

73 Holger, ZL3IO