[3830] WPX CW S50C(S53CC) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW S50C(S53CC) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 12:23:25 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: S50C
Operator(s): S53CC
Station: S50C

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: jn76jg
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   51
   80:  328
   40:  848
   20:  544
   15:  295
   10:   59
------------

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

I was prepared to go high power, but have to switch in to low power category
after »big bang« and black smoke from amplifier just 20 minutes before start.
After putting all antennas just one week before contest and bother my club
colleague to borrow me some contest stuff, I really did not want to quit. I
change my strategy on intense S&amp;P while CQ. I ended with  1070 S&amp;P vs.
1050 CQ QSO's. Best hour rate was 47 CQ / 35 S&amp;P  QSO. My S&amp;P skills
really improve during this one.
CONDX could not be compared with last year, but in all band assisted low power
category there are always stations to be worked.
A WX condition was quite unpleased this time. I drive to 1500m a.s.l . contest
location in 5cm of fresh snow, few hours later there was already 15 cm of snow.
Luckily temperature stayed above freezing point, and there was no impact on
antenna performance.
The big bang issue was investigated during off time period of the contest. It
seems it was moisture related.

See you back in HP in next one.
73 Boris,  S53CC