[3830] WPX CW GM9W(M0DXR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mark.haynes@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: [3830] WPX CW GM9W(M0DXR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 14:50:11 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: GM9W
Operator(s): M0DXR
Station: GM4AFF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Montrose
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   69
   80:  254
   40:  746
   20: 1573
   15:  345
   10:   67
------------

Club:

Comments:

Thank you to Stuart GM4AFF for hosting me for this contest. He looked after me
during the contest by providing food and drink as well as technical support!
I arrived on a flight from London on the Friday evening and was collected by
Stuart and driven to his home near Montrose. He has a lovely station: 5 element
on 10m, 5 element on 15m, 4 element on 20m, 2 element on 40m and verticals on
80m and 160m. Rigs are a K3 and FT-1000MP.

Conditions were quite poor at the start with the big CME. Being that far north,
you really notice it! But I stuck at it and things did improve as the contest
progressed.

Some nice runs. I struggled to the USA as there is a large hill to the west.
The best direction from here is East and South as it is straight over the sea!
Beautiful!

It was good to operate SO2R. The system with the DX Doubler works very well
indeed.

Nice to see 10m open on the Sunday evening.

Congratulations to Don G5W (G3BJ op) on a fine score.

Thank you all for the QSOs and I look forward to hearing you in IOTA where I
will be active as G6PZ.

73,
Mark M0DXR (GM9W)