[3830] WPX CW OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 22:20:29 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 35:58

------------
  160:   77
   80:  308
   40:  487
   20:  759
   15:  167
   10:   36
------------

Club:

Comments:

I looked forward to this contest. I have never run this category in WPX and
conditions looked nice, high bands were opened for 24 hours. Murphy visited me
2 weeks before the contest and made  rotator controller output failure. But
burned transistor was detected and replaced thanks to Jeffs help - W2FU from
GreenHeron.

Propagation was: disaster. I started on 20 m, but pileup falled after 2 hours,
so I moved to low bands. Morning opening to east was only for big guns. I hoped
to better openings to NA and SA after first sleeping break. But none. 20 m was
suitable for pile up, but most of QSOs were 1 pointed. 15 m was good only for
S/P, 10 m only for to not have zero QSOs :) Sat/Sun night I spent on low bands
again. Sunday conditions were the copy of Saturday... Except nice opening to NA
just 2 hours before the contest. But with QRN, which was switched at the moment
from S1 to S8/S9 and rates at the same moment switched from 80-100 to 20-30...
Last 30 minutes I spent on 40m, but also with huge QRN, sometimes over S9. So
sorry, if I was not able to copy you, even if you was 59 +20 and I asked you
for repeating the number again and again due to QRN bang just in the time of
sending the same digit...

Fortunately, all components worked without problems, except few incorrect PA
relay switching.

Thanks to all participant!

 Used equipments:
Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
ACOM 2000A (1,5 kW OUT)
MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
WinTest

 Antennas:
160m: Vertical (35m tower   2 elevated radials)
80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
40m:  InvVee @21m
20, 15, 10m: Cushcraft A4S 3 el. tribander @31m

73!