[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:32:30 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 31

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   6      5
   40:  20     15
   20:  24     15
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  50     35  Total Score = 1,750

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Things seemed to go a bit better for me tonight, although my 3 el yagi for 40
meters has gone &quot;crazy SWR&quot; and must track down the problem this
weekend. I used the little Cushcraft 2 element and it seemed to do well. It was
pointed at the east coast, so congrats to N6RO, K6VVA, WA6URY, K7GK, and N7XU
for breaking through from the left coast off the back.

Had a strange ending, along with apologies to Eric, NO3M, as we finished up a
contact on 80 with only five or ten seconds to go on the WWV clock, and then
K0RF called me, loud enough that I missed Eric sending &quot;nr?&quot; Chuck
and I ended our legal contact 20 seconds or so after 0300, and then Eric sent
&quot;nr?&quot; and I repeated my number for him. It is legal, as we started
the contact before the proverbial bell rang, and so it was okay for us to
complete it. I was not loud in PA and it took several overs but we made it.

Tnx to Eric/Ty, along with N3QE and N4DW for three banders.

The five minute segments were 11, 10, 9, 8, 6, and 6.

Great to get back on, and always exciting to have the NS rush.