[3830] AlQP NV4B SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4xa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] AlQP NV4B SOMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 06:35:03 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: NV4B
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 7:58

  160:
   80:   37
   40:   96
   20:   50     72
   15:   19
   10:   14    152
--------------------
Total:  216    224  CW Mults = 40  Ph Mults = 40  Total Score = 52,480

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Despite band conditions, two hours QRT for weather, a late start because I was
sure the contest started at 1700Z instead of 1600Z, and spending more time than
I should have on SSB for a mixed mode entry, I had a blast!  I wasn't sure how
serious I was even going to be in the contest this year as I've been involved
in other projects and interests lately, but when I got on the air and got a
rate, I was hooked.

Band conditions were poor -- W6s and W7s were few and far between -- but the
strong sporadic-E opening mid-afternoon kept me in the chair operating 10
meters.  The MUF reached 2 meters at one point, and when I went to 20 meters,
it sounded more like 40 with the close-in states booming in.  In fact, I worked
several south Alabama counties on 20.  I tried 15 but never could get a rate.  I
was greeted with a massive pileup when I finally left 20 for 40m at 0200Z.  It's
nice to be the hunted for a change!

I appreciate the dedicated AQP ops who followed me from band to band.  I had at
least two stations who asked me a couple of times for 20m QSOs -- I hope I
worked all of you!  I went to phone first on 20m and kept a good rate until the
band was starting to die to the East Coast.  Thanks to all for the QSOs and 73!