[3830] AlQP KC4HW Mobile Solo OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] AlQP KC4HW Mobile Solo OpCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 08:49:36 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Mobile Solo OpCW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:  163
   20:  187
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  350     0  CW Mults = 39  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 25,200

Club: Wiregrass Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

First of all thanks for all that took time to participate in our QSO Party.

I think that our level of participation is good, but sometimes folks just don't
send in their logs.  So if you can please send in your.

My mobile operation really came together at the last minute after it appeared
that we were not going to have some of the South Alabama counties NOT active.

So Thrusday I begin working on getting my mobile ready.  Still had a TS-50, but
an attempt to get the CW interface working was not successful.  Turns out I had
a bad 3.5mm connector.

Nevertheless, in a last minute effort I borrow a IC-706MKIIG from Don/K1DC and
it worked perfectly.  This was a much better solution, because the TS-50 did
not have a CW filter.  Additionally I had to borrow a 20m resonator from
James/KE4GWW and an 80m resonator from Glen/K5WP, so &quot;with a little help
from my friends&quot; I was off and running about 9AM Saturday.

Covered ESCA, COVI, CONE, MNRO, BUTL, CREN, COFF, DALE and GENE.  Alternated
between 20m and 40m only and operated both from all counties except GENE where
it appeared that 20m was closed down.

Drove about 325+ miles.

Worked 36 states, 3 VE provinces, 2 DX stations and 14 Alabama counties
stations.

In Georgianna, Bulter county, ran into a big T-storm but thanks goodness I
already on 20m and just started there.  By the time I wanted to change over to
40m the rain had pretty much stopped.

All and all it was a pretty good event for me.  It was a bit challenging
getting everything going ahead of time, but once it all came togehter, it just
worked.  Amazing!

Thanks to all the station that hung in there with me on my poor to bad CW.

Already have received 86 logs--thank you very much.  Please if you participated
please send me your log.  Send it to logs at alabamaqsoparty dot org.

I would like to thank Tom/W4NBS, Tom/K4ZGB, Tim/KT4TX, Ed/KJ4LTA and all the
members of the Alabama Contest Group for helping to promote and put this event
on!

Thanks again everyone and cu around the Ham Radio Campus! 73

Jim/KC4HW