[3830] ARRL June VHF K1TO SO 3B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K1TO SO 3B LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 21:18:54 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  148    66  Total Score = 9,768

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

First ever June VHF Test.  Picked up an IC-575H from an estate and erected a
6M7JHV @ 55' on Monday night.  Played around all week and quickly discovered
that 6M is never the same band twice, and is certainly not peaking like one
would hope in a sunspot peak.

This weekend, heard lots of one-second openings and thus plenty of calls that
were never worked.  Both evenings were awful with no QSOs outside FL.  Best
opening was mid day today to W8/9/0, but the rate was never a run, more like a
casual walk.  8R1WD was the DX highlight.  T43S was audible here for many
hours.

Since it's all new to me, I'm satisfied, but for those who operate this event
yearly and have bigger stations, it must've been a horrible drag.

Apologies to VHF stalwarts K1TOL and K1TEO for any callsign confusion.  They
were here first.

I guess 3B is the category for a 6M only effort.

73, Dan