[3830] ARRL June VHF W6PH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W6PH Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 21:57:11 -0700

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  250   125  Total Score = 31,250

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:  IC-7000, SB220, B1016
Antennas:  6M7JHV at 60 feet, 13B2 at 60 feet

Eighty per cent of my contacts were made in a three hour period from 2330 UTC
until 0230 UTC Saturday night when the band went flat.  Other times just
spotlight openings to the northwest or EM grids.  No Es after 18 UTC on
Sunday.

I am at 4600 feet in a valley with Mt Whitney and the Sierra Nevada mountains
less than five miles west of me effectively blocking any VHF signals to
populated areas.  One 2 meter contact was 150 miles away and the other was a
mountain topper in Death Valley.  No other 2 meter signals were heard.

Three days before the contest there were excellent double hop 6m openings east
but they were gone during the two days before the contest.  Other than those
three hours on Saturday the Es was very limited.

                   73, Kurt W6PH Lone Pine CA DM06