[3830] All Asian CW W2UP SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2up@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW W2UP SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 15:59:01 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W2UP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:
   40:  111    58
   20:  147    87
   15:  254   115
   10:
-------------------
Total:  512   260  Total Score = 133,120

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

After 40 years operating from the east coast and 3 years from Colorado, it's
still a thrill to work loud JAs without polar flutter.  OTOH, west Asia (4X,
A6, etc.) was tough from here as it passes through the auroral zone.  15m was
excellent to JA on Saturday, but 20m was poor.  40m was excellent on Sunday
morning (local time), but after 40 closed, there was nothing on the high bands,
so I called it a day.

I operated remotely from my Denver-area condo using W0DLE's fine station,
located in the mountains about 70 miles SW of me.  We ran a TS480, powered by
wind and solar (he is &quot;off the grid&quot;) with Kenwood ARCP480 computer
interface software and N1MM in a VNC window.  We still have occasional audio
dropouts and connection loss, but it is much better with this configuration
than Remoterig.  Antennas used this weekend included a 2 el 40m phased array at
100 ft, 5/5 on 20m at 35/90 ft, 6 el on 15m at 75 ft, all fixed on JA; and a TH7
at 45 ft pointed at the middle east.

Barry W2UP