[3830] RAC Day VE7JH(@VE7UF) SOAB/CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE7JH(@VE7UF) SOAB/CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 23:25:13 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SOAB/CW HP
QTH: Courtenay
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:   17              4
   80:   56              7
   40:  175              9
   20:  505             10
   15:  196              9
   10:    6              1
    6:    1              1
    2:    1              1
Total:  957     0       42         0  Total Score = 181,860

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Duane, VE7UF offered me his superstation for the 2013 RAC Contest when I
mentioned to him that I'd like to break Victor, VA2WDQ/VA2WA's 2010 SOABCW
record of 189,216 points. The plans of mice and men...

160m was in poor shape, I tried my best to eek out contacts there by moving
stations down from 80m.
80m was O.K. for the time of the year, though being a workday morning not too
many nighthawks there.
40m was quite busy, got all the way out to the other coast to VO1GO's station.
20m was very busy, lot of Canadians and even more of our friends from the
South. There was but a sprinkling of JA's but plenty of Europe at the end.
15m played well, there were openings of different length, just had to be there
at the right time.
10m had an off day.

I operated SO6R (Multi-Multi setup with 6 operating positions in one room), so
I did a lot of jumping back and forth between bands.
No luck catching any of the Territories, but picked up PE and NL on two bands.

I don't know if my 181k will cut the mustard this year, but looks like Victor's
record will stand for at least one more year ;-)

Thanks to all who came out and shared Canada's birthday with us.

73,
Gabor, VE7JH