[3830] IARU 9A0D(DK8ZZ) SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU 9A0D(DK8ZZ) SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 18:26:43 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: 9A0D
Operator(s): DK8ZZ
Station: 9A3MR

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Murter Island
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:           17     2       13
   80:           95     7       30
   40:          209    17       33
   20:          499    32       47
   15:          328    21       39
   10:          218    12       29
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     1366    91      191  Total Score = 891,684

Club:

Comments:

A great weekend behind me!

Before the contest, I was not sure which category should I choose. I must say,
with Low Power Station I am more comfortable in CW or MIX Category, and, hard
to say, I really need to think when was my last serious effort SSB Contest. :)
I mean, I have nothing against SSB contests but, honestly,  most of SSB
Contests are &quot;just for fun&quot; Category.
Thanks to Ivo, 9A1AA, I choose the right category. Thanks Ivo Zemo :-)

I was able to use a 9A3MR's  QTH in Jezera, Murter Island. Rolando, 9A3MR, has
a modest antenna system (OB 7-3 @15m high), inverted Vees for 80 &amp; 40m, but
no 160m. His son and a big friend of mine, Rax 9A3BMR promised me to put some
160m antenna for IARU HF Contest, so middle in the Contest, around 16z he
entered a shack room with a piece of coax cable and said - try it :) So,  a 70m
long wireantenna was finished and, due to QRN and storm in the morning time I've
managed 15 MTPL on 160m.

Really to say, my plan was to work 1000+ QSO and 260+ MTPL.
Runs was ok, it doesn't metter if 20, 15 or even 10m are opened. I've expected
maybe more runs on 40m but maybe I've missed the right time for runs...

Thanks to all who contacted me, especially HQ STN's for their effort to be on
all bands and modes QRV with powerful signals. It was not easy to work some
HQ's on 160 and 10m. Also, it was nice to work some new HQ STNs (ET3AA, SU1SK,
ZF1A etc...)

Thanks to my host Rolando, 9A3MR for using his shack. I know i was too loud
time to time, but I promise, I'll be more quiet next time or will work only CW
:-)))))

Also, thanks to Radio Club &quot;Sibenik&quot; for oportunity to use 9A0D
callsign. Of course, we are ready for IOTA Contest with the same callsign, 0of
course, we have to try to defeat our 1st place Low Power DXPN from last year.

All QSL will be confirmed automaticaly via the DARC bureau (DK8ZZ).

Last thanks goes to my family because they understand our crazy hobby and allow
me to enter 2 contests during the holiday.

73, Zrinko (Zik) DK8ZZ, VE3ZIK, YT3ZZ