[3830] IARU VE3BR SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3br@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] IARU VE3BR SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 19:37:37 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: FN03es
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   13             4       2
   80:  120      9      8       7
   40:  226     60     19      28
   20:  291    104     28      40
   15:   80     32     16      14
   10:   33     10      7       2
-------------------------------------
Total:  763    215     82      93  Total Score = 539,700

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Jupiter
Antennas: 5 band hexbeam @ 40ft &amp; DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band
Vertical
Software: N1MM 13.7.1

This was my return to the IARU contest after 5 years absence. How I have
survived without it is a mystery inside a riddle wrapped in an enigma shrouded
in secrecy. Summer propagation patterns have faded in my feeble memory and I
had to re-learn a lot, in the process still missing loads of mults that I
expected to make. Or, just maybe, my antennas were not good enough to hear
them. (This prompted me to consider moving to the ocean side 100+ acres
property with phased vertical arrays, stacked monobanders and assorted
beverages.) My &quot;band by band&quot; assessment of conditions: 160 m - no
resonant antenna &amp; no comments (still made a few &quot;local&quot; QSOs),
80 m - sucked, 40 m - unexpectedly good, 20 m - reasonable, 15 m - sucked, and
10 m - sucked big time. All in all: excellent contest! Enjoyed it very much!
Thanks for all the Qs. One final comment to those who needed many repeats and
still mis-copied my callsign (sometimes in ways I thought impossible): please
consider moving to a large ocean side property with  phased vertical arrays,
stacked monobanders and assorted beverages...