[3830] IARU N1UR SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, edsawyer@sbelectronics.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N1UR SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 00:18:54 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0        4     3        1
   80:   0       35    10       15
   40:   0      179    17       32
   20:   0      813    28       45
   15:   0      242    18       29
   10:   0       30     6        4
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     1303    82      126  Total Score = 740,896

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

It was not to be this year from the North East for LP SSB.  Congrats to Mark,
W4SVO, for not only the win but likely a new SSB LP USA record.  Its
fascinating how different the approach is from the North East vs Florida.  In
the North East, if you are not running EU, you are losing.  And so it was.  EU
was just not to be had in great numbers for this one.  On my win last year, I
ran EU from the outset and virtually never stopped.  Mark proved that you can
run even more of the 3 pointers and win as long as you keep the mults up.  And
I grabbed the same mults as last year but he found even more.

I was still shaking off some jet lag this weekend and ended up crashing a
little early (probably lost 100k points because of it).  But it would have made
no difference in this outcome.

73

Ed  N1UR