[3830] IARU K5ER SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5er@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K5ER SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 04:36:54 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K5ER
Operator(s): K5ER
Station: K5ER

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Louisiana
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0       3      1       0
   80:   0      22      6       5
   40:   0     250     21      26
   20:   0     547     29      32
   15:   0     142     15      15
   10:   0      11      4       3
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     975     76      81  Total Score = 430,651

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

My eighth time in this, one of my favorite contests. Edged out my previous best
by 1500 points. Still way behind the leaders, but had a good time.

     Bands seemed really odd this year. 100% domestic for first 45 minutes when
a YB and JA both called me within minutes. I've never had 20 open to there at
that time of morning. Again back to domestic with only about 10 DX worked until
almost 17:30 when the gate to EU finally opened. The JA window, which usually
happens between 3-6pm local in Louisiana didn't happen until after midnight.
Worked more VK's than usual, but that was also only after about 05:30Z.
Although 40 was good Sunday morning, 20 was again late to open as I got only 8
EU contacts between 5-7AM local. Seemed that for the entire contest, the
&quot;regular&quot; openings were about 6-7 hours behind their usual times. In
the South, we also depend on a strong 10 meter opening to Central/South
America. Only had 4 domestic and 7 DX on 10, so it was a bust.

     Other than strange band condx, nothing broke, score increased over last
year, and had a good time, so can't complain. Thanks to all for stopping by and
making it a fun weekend.

73,
Mark, K5ER