[3830] NAQP RTTY VE9AA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY VE9AA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 04:04:15 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:    7     6
   40:   22    17
   20:   58    25
   15:   17    10
   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total:  108    61  Total Score = 6,588

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

This contest frustrates me to no end. (hi)
One reason is, I have poor antennas, so I usually run an amp, but in this one,
100w is the limit.  I usually run about 75w on rtty to some low wires. OK, I am
not very loud - I get it.
Even so, there were enough West Coast stations peaking nearly 599 that CQ'd in
my face as to make me wonder if they don't have the &quot;no amp&quot; rule out
there?

There were a few exceptions.  Very late (hours after dark here) I heard 2 or 3
stns on 15m as I scanned the bands for the Nth time.  One was N6RO....he was
about 529-539.  First call.

I couldn't be heard on 80m (my own fault). Only guys loud here were NY and QC
stns.
40m was OK, but when a VE7 kept asking me for my province, I had had enough.  I
kept trying to correct my call, but he didn't care about that(even though I must
have sent several strings of ve9aa ve9aa ve9....., only that he tried to figure
out what province I was in.  N-I-L dude !
20m was the money band.
15m was short -and- long due to Es, and some nice signals, but everyone was
over on 20 !
10m was open to W4/VE3 (Es) but few on.

My sincere thanks go to W4OC who I had worked earlier on 10m.  He was the one
and only station to ask me to move and within 4 minutes he had me on 15, 20 ,
40 &amp; 80m.  That guy has skills.

Mike VE9AA NB