[3830] NAQP RTTY N6ZFO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N6ZFO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 07:37:17 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.25

   80:   22     8
   40:   68    29
   20:  110    40
   15:   73    32
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  273   110  Total Score = 30,030

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

At mid contest I served as emcee of a telescope award ceremony at our local
observatory and planetarium. Thus NAQP was a partial effort.  Just the same it
was satisfying to resolve a few issues with rtty, which is still rather foreign
to me. Also learned to make personal comments to friends when desired, without
interrupting the flow too much.

By starting on 20, I probably missed a lot on 15m, which was nearly dead by the
time I arrived.  somehow managed to scare up 32 multipliers, however.  Surprised
at the strength of stations from OR, usually difficult or impossible on 15m.  In
a brief New England opening about 2330Z managed to pick up RI, NH, CT and MA
along with NY and NJ. But just as the band seemed to recover, it was time to
ditch for 4 hours.

On return, I had only 13,000 points with a little less than 2 hours remaining,
so made a mad dash to 30,000 points.  80 was awful and I was restricted to
nearby states for mults.  a return to 40 meters in the closing 15 mins yielded
several new multipliers, most notably NV supplied by WU6W in the closing
minutes.  Almost lost the 30,000 pt goal by accidentally clicking on the wrong
call when VE6BMX was calling, along with at 5.

73 Bill n6zfo