[3830] NAQP RTTY KC4HW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@centurytel.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KC4HW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 11:45:16 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   80:   11     9
   40:  130    96
   20:  160    44
   15:  168    32
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  469   121  Total Score = 56,749

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks everyone for the contacts.

WX was very challenging this weekend.  Had several occassions where I had to
disconnect and wait out the T-storms.  We had loads of rain yesterday.  Been a
very strange year for WX in South Alabama.

Had a few problems with the station.  Discovered this weekend that the 10m
stack match had gone South during one of the many storms that we have had this
year.  Also that the 6x2 switch had lost touch with the 20m antenna on the
Radio-B side.  And once again the RTTY keying interface for the second radio
would not work--the dreaded solid tone (no switching).

Too bad that the 10m antenns were not functional, because as my friend KT4TX
pointed out there might (have) be a Sporadic E opening that would yield some
activity.  15m turned out to be pretty good.  Would have been nice to rotate
the antenna, but the current direction worked pretty good.  20m and 40m were
noisey. 80m was very noisey.  No RX antennas hear so hard to work stations on
80m.

Station:

FT-2000 with W3YY interface worked perfectly
15m: Hy-Gain 155CA 78' (pointing ~345 degrees--rotor broke)
20m: Hy-Gain 204BA 108'
40m: Cushcraft 40-2CD 118'
80M: Inverted Vee 105'

This was only intended to be a part time effort anyway.  The logging program
said that the operating time was 6.5 hours but who knows it could have been a
little more--anyway it was all I could stand with the static.

Hope to catch everyone in CW and PH in a few weeks.

Jim/KC4HW