[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint K4QPL LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4qpl2@nc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC RY-Sprint K4QPL LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 16:30:07 +0000
                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - Jul 19

Call: K4QPL
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: K4QPL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   16     9
   40:   15    10
   20:   44    28
   15:   29    13
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  104    60  Total Score = 6,240

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Team: SECC#1
Compared to Marty, W4MY, losing his log, I guess I shouldn't complain, but
signing on to a competitive RTTY team on a busy weekend when station not
prepared for RTTY was not a good idea. Just about everything except the dog
eating my homework was the rule of the day. Organizing the FSK interface, patch
cords and trying to remember how it all goes together since my last RTTY (Winter
Sprint)minutes before the contest started kept me from quickly recognizing that
MMTTY had by default set up the USB/serial port with two stop bits instead of
one. After missing the start by almost an hour and I never could get N1MM and
MMTTY to talk/interface, I was forced to use the MMTTY QSO log and hastily
improvised macros with no SCP, dupe checking or frequency readout. This
affected my rate as well as time and motivation. That's about as close as I
ever want to get to the old days of paper logging and dupe checking!

Thanks for the Q's and the &quot;worked B4&quot; reminders when the gray matter
dupe checker lost track of band/stations worked.

Jim, K4QPL